Do your carpets need to be cleaned? Carpet cleaning services that are top-rated remove dirt, allergens and stains, as well as sanitizing, deodorising, and sanitizing carpets.
Although carpeting can make a home feel warm and inviting, it can harbour bacteria, allergens, and dust. While vacuuming is a good idea, homeowners will need to do a thorough cleaning to remove dirt and stains as well as irritants such as pet dander. Professional carpet cleaners will clean carpets thoroughly and provide a higher level of cleanliness. Some homeowners prefer to clean their carpets on their own, but carpet cleaning services are able to handle any problem and complete the job properly. Carpet cleaning professionals can extend the carpet’s life expectancy and improve the appearance of your carpeting. Expert carpet cleaners use more powerful equipment and tools to remove moisture and sanitize the carpets than DIY at-home cleaners.
Carpeting should be cleaned at least once per year by professionals. If there are small children or pets in the house, they may need to be cleaned more often. Carpeting that feels dirty, discoloured, matted or stained, has an offensive smell, is rough to the touch or has a matted appearance, should be taken to a professional for cleaning. It will be easier to hire a professional carpet cleaner than do it yourself. Before you search for carpet cleaners near you, take a look at our recommendations.
- BEST OVERALL; Pro Clean Carpet Cleaning North Brisbane
- SECOND BEST OVERALL: Stanley Steemer
- ECO-FRIENDLY PICK: Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleansing
- BEST FOR ALLERGIES: Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaners
- SERVPRO – EMERGENCY SERVICE
- CONSIDER ALSO: All Green Carpet Cleaning
How to Choose the Best Carpet Cleaning Company
There are several things to take into consideration before hiring a carpet cleaner. These include the company’s service area, pricing, additional services, customer service, and preparation.
Before calling a carpet cleaner, homeowners will need to verify that the company is located in their area. While many top carpet cleaning companies are located across the country, others may be limited to certain areas.
Many companies offer homeowners the ability to schedule and get estimates online. Some companies require homeowners to call them. Homeowners need to request an estimate and find out how much the service will cost before they can schedule.
Pre-Cleaning and Pre-Preparation Inspection
Carpet cleaning companies will often ask homeowners to move valuable or fragile items before they arrive. The cleaning process will be faster if you prepare the area thoroughly by vacuuming, removing all personal items, and moving as much furniture as you can. Companies may ask about the location to be cleaned. The cleaning technician will have the expertise and knowledge to remove stains using specialized techniques. The front door of the home will allow for the storage of the cleaning equipment, so pets should be removed.
Cleaning Equipment and Methods
Different types of equipment and cleaning methods are used by carpet cleaning companies. Some methods work better for certain types of carpeting, so homeowners may choose the company that best suits their needs. These are the most popular carpet cleaning techniques.
- Hot water extraction. Hot water extraction is also known as carpet steam cleaning. It uses high-pressure hot water to dissolve dirt and grime. A cleaning agent may be used by some companies to clean the carpet and then rinse it thoroughly. Carpet steaming can make carpet fibres look fuller and softer.
- Encapsulation. Encapsulation is a process that cleans carpets when liquid or foam cleaning agents are applied. When the powder is applied to the carpet, the dirt becomes encapsulated in the powder. Once it dries it crystallizes into a powder that can then be vacuumed up or brushed off. This method is more popular than any other because it requires less water and takes much less time to dry.
- Dry cleaning. Because there is no drying time, dry cleaning has been increasingly popular. The powder is applied to carpets and then pushed into the fibres by a motorized brush. Before it can be vacuumed out, the powder absorbs dirt, dust, and odours.
- Bonnet cleaning. Bonnet cleaning cleans the carpet’s surface but does not require deep-down cleaning. To remove dirt and dust, a motorized machine equipped with a spinning pad covered in a cleaning solution will spin the carpet’s surface. The carpet will dry quickly because it is not moistened. However, dirt and grime from deeper within the carpet can be quickly resurfaced.
If the chemicals used for carpet cleaning are rinsed down the drain or released into storm sewers or the ground, they can cause damage to the environment. These toxic chemicals can cause harm to wildlife, humans, and aquatic health. The air quality of your home can be affected by chemical cleaners. This can cause respiratory problems, particularly for those with sensitive skin. Biodegradable, non-toxic cleaning products are safer for pets and household members. Many eco-friendly carpet cleaning products use less water than traditional methods. Carpets will dry faster using less water than traditional steam carpet cleaners. This also reduces the risk of groundwater contamination from harmful chemicals.
Pricing for carpet cleaning is usually determined by the type of carpet, its condition, location and cleaning method. Many cleaning companies charge per room while others will charge per square foot.
Many carpet cleaning companies also offer additional services, such as cleaning upholstery and tile, grout, cars, RVs, dryer vents, and air ducts. You might also find them offering mould mitigation, water damage restoration and smoke and fire damage restoration as well as disinfectant services. Some companies may not offer all of these services. Homeowners should inquire with each company if they are interested in additional services.
If customers are unhappy with the results, most carpet cleaning companies will work with them to resolve any issues. Some companies offer to return to your home to clean the area or to reclean it. It is important for homeowners to ensure that they can reach companies easily and have a customer service department.